Sunday 18 June 2017

Days past


Day 40 - Day 62: Living without. 
I spent $246 this month. The largest expense being for a chicken coop for my chickens and a garden plot at the local community gardens (An allotment)

There were smaller expenses too for the chickens, including their feed and bedding.


We've had rain on and off this month, making the weather turn cold and more Winter like. I don't think we are going to get much of a cold Winter unless it turns. 
Most of the month began off hard with the flu hanging around and I had to have a couple of trips to the dentist. Let's just say that was rough.



During this time I had my first Etsy sale at Hilda and Lillian. Etsy took a long time to process the order and I couldn't send the order until they did. Still, it is my first sale.




One of my major buys this month was for a small garden plot at the Toowoomba Community Organic Gardens. I've attended a couple of meetings and find the group very helpful.


I've even dug up the plot and planted a few things out. At the moment I'm focusing on just turning the soil and getting it ready for planting.


The baby chickens I got in may are now big girls and I brought a coop for them. The coop is smaller than what I thought it would be, but it will do them for now.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.


4 comments:

  1. Shiralee, you have changed your template again :-) I had a look at chicken coops online but most were quite small. I should go and have a look at those gardens as I did enquire if anyone could do a workshop on composting but they couldn't help but they invited me along on a Wednesday. I certainly don't need an allotment though. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanna Chel,
    I was missing the sidebar :) And yes, the coops are small I think they are supposed to be put in an enclosure which I'll look at a later date and probably will raise mine up a bit too. If you do come along to the garden Wednesday is a good day as a few will be there if only to show you about. Parking is a bit of a bear but no one parks in Goggs street paid parking meters so if you are willing to pay ...you'll have plenty of parks to choose from. The garden has its own parking space for free but you'll have to get there early as spaces are limited. Brodribb street fills up pretty quick with parks too.

    Hope to catch up with you and all with the simple living workshops again.

    -Shiralee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your blog updated as to how your no/low spending is going. I think the chicken coop and garden spot will pay off in the long run. Sometimes you have to spend a little to save a lot!
    Love the quilt side bars!
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle H,
      I agree, the cost will pay off eventually and it's worth the money put into it.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete