Tuesday 23 October 2012

vintage lemonade




 
I first made these crazy quilt blocks some time ago. All the fabric I used on these blocks are thrift store finds and I used a lot of pillow cases for fabric. I don't think I would have much luck finding those lemon-y vintage yellows in any other fabric today...except maybe exspensive quilting fabric. A majority of the embroidery I did, like the crinoline lady which was some freebie find off the internet a few years back. If you google crinoline lady pattern you might find it. 
 
There is enough blocks now for me to start embellishing and make up a summery bed quilt, probably for next summer as these things take time. Or next summer some other century if I get distracted with some other project.
 
The weather here has been very blustry, there's no place like indoors when the weather isn't playing nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment