Sunday 28 December 2014

Waste Not

Thankfully the weather has been giving us some cooler days. We did have some rain but it was still muggy out side, the last couple of days we had very foggy, rainy, days that do seem a bit cooler. In fact it almost like late Autumn weather.
 
Some time ago, you may remember I started a set of tea towels and while transferring the designs I had all kinds of trouble, including scorching them with the iron. I did think, oh well, these will have to be tossed in the bin. As you know I hate wasting.


 
A search online provide helpful and there were tips to use Hydrogen Peroxide to remove the scorch marks. I was rather dubious but gave it a go at any rate.

 
While not one hundred percent successful, the Hydrogen Peroxide did remove a majority of the scorching. Leaving a ghost of an image. My tea towels did say on the label not to bleach so I suppose this is why there was some left over scorch stain. I could live with the stain as they are tea towels I hope will be used and stained and loved over time. They were a Christmas gift to my niece who moved in a place of her own.
 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment