Sunday 30 August 2015

Old Petrie Town


We've had some rain during the night and during the day it has been really nice weather. On Sunday my aunt and I took advantage of the nice weather and we went for a drive to go look at the markets in Old Petrie town. 
The place is very lovely, with old restored cottage houses for some of the shops in main street. There are also a few museums to go look at too.


The Ole Lollie shop is a good visit to pick out some old fashioned lollie favourites. 


One of the cottages had a lot of old fashioned hats on display
There was lots of bric a brac, books, and the like.


I liked this rag rug basket, but I think I'll be making one of my own instead of buying one. Looks pretty easy to make.


 We had a quick tour of the fire station which had a few room displays set up from days of past.


 I like the bicycle in the fire masters bedroom.



And the common room kitchen had a few things I recognize my Grand parents used to use. Overall, I really enjoyed the time I spent wandering around looking. It is free entry and well worth a trip to visit, especially if you like old fashioned living. I came away very inspired by everything.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.




4 comments:

  1. I have no idea where that is, Shiralee. I will have to ask Mr.Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      It's in Brisbane, On Dayboro road in Kurwongba. Not too far a drive.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shiralee, That's my old stomping ground. My aunt still lives at Petrie and her son, my cousin, was married at Old Petrie Town. Nice to hear you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh - that kitchen sink....makes our kitchens look like monstrosities of greed in comparison.

    ReplyDelete