Thursday 26 November 2015

Creating at home


The weather has been hot and outside is not really the best place to be. Although I did venture to town to have a look at the CWA mini market. Surprisingly I never brought anything, probably because I have been working on projects at home. I did enjoy having a browse through the tables.
I've finished up face washers for my driving instructors mum who wanted them for the grand kids. We picked up a dozen cute face washers for next to nothing and the yarn cost very little, around $4. I don't know about anyone else, but I always liked a face washer and a  piece of soap for a gift. Very useful I think. I'll give the instructions for the edging in another post. Speaking of driving, apparently I can try for my drivers licence in February.  Where did the year go?



With the projects I had to do, I haven't had much of a chance to catch up on sending out my mail. I've received some fantastic letters from around the world: America, Canada, Hungary, and here at home. I really enjoy snail mail, does anyone else send letters?



I've also been neglecting my painting, the last art I did was these miniatures for necklaces. It's time to pull out the paints again.


In the garden, we've had a bumper crop of red onions. I think it's time to try out red pickled onions.   




I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.



2 comments:

  1. the coffee and biscuits look a splendid idea right now Shiralee. Snail mail....yes I love receiving it - there is nothing quite like curling up with a good newsy letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiralee, a cool change has just come through...thank goodness. I didn't get to the QCWA mini market as we had a doctor's appointment. I hope to get to the Bush Christmas in December though...all being well.

    ReplyDelete