Sunday 15 November 2015

Vintage hat potholder


 Crochet Hat Potholder:



Super cute and easy to make. These do up quickly and would make a very nice gift for Christmas when added with tea towels. You could also stuff the hat with potpourri and make as a hanging sachet for your linen cupboard.

4 Ply  100% Cotton (Lincraft in Australia has a 100% crochet cotton in 4 and 8 ply brand using their name 'Lincraft' and is reasonably priced. It is the brand I used.)


Chain 4. Form into ring.
Chain 1
12 double crochet through centre of ring.
 (Pull tail to make centre smaller).
Sl St to close round.
Chain 1
Half double crochet into Sl St.
One half double crochet in every stitch.
(Turn out to form crown of hat) Sl St round closed.
Chain 1

Half double crochet . Sl St round closed.
double crochet x 4 in same stitch around row.
Sl St round closed. Chain 1.
Double crochet x2 in same stitch. Sl St closed.

Tie off and weave in ends.
Weave yarn between the last half double crochet and double crochet to make a ribbon for the hat.

Tie off into a bow. Add a rosette flower if desired.



I've also decided to start making printable pages of my blog posts from the lessons, tips and recipes! Save these and print them out, then add to your home keepers binder. Click on the image and it will go to the original size. Right click, save, and print off when you need it.

Blue Geraniums - Rozanne

I hope every one is having a good day or evening where ever you are.


Link Up
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

3 comments:

  1. How lovely the 'hat' is Shiralee, I'm all thumbs when it comes to anything yarn related so I will admire from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! How many times I have burned myself by lifting the lid! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love,Love,Love crochet potholders. I've made several myself, although I don't use them for function, but for pretty. Your's is so pretty and I also like your tea towels with embroidery..beautiful. Found you over at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth Monday Homemaker link up.

    ReplyDelete