Monday, 22 June 2015

heartfelt time


The weather looks like it is about to bring in some rain, I hope to get a walk in this afternoon before it does. Meanwhile I've been checking the flowers in my homemade flower press and noted some of them I recently pressed are nicely pressed ready to be used for some projects. I brought a couple of items from the thrift store thinking they would work well with pressed flowers added to them. This small timber clock I brought for about two dollars and I unscrewed the back to prepare it for the flowers. I made a 'dry' run of the floral arrangement before I glued the pressed flowers down. When happy with the arrangement I glued the flower arrangement down and I added a thin coat of artist varnish and put the clock back together. All the clock needs is a new battery. This will make a nice frugal Christmas gift for someone.

For more information on pressed flowers visit my link to: The art of pressing flowers 


I've also been looking at Youtube video's about Quilt Bed Turning. Such a fascinating thing to watch as each quilt is turned back and the history of each quilt is explained. Eleanor Burns is a well known quilter and this is her Quilt Bed Turning. Grab yourself a cuppa tea or coffee and sit back to watch this very informative bed turning. I enjoyed myself with some giggles and ooohs and ahhs with each turn of the quilts.



I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

3 comments:

  1. Shiralee, you have done a great job with the clock. Very pretty. I have never heard of Quilt Bed Turning. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to preserve those flowers! I love the clock. Hope you got that walk in before the rain came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pressed flowers bring back floods or memories for me. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

In and out

The living without challenge:   The challenge did have it's up and downs the last month, but I have managed to not spend unnecessary. ...