Monday 22 June 2015

heartfelt time


The weather looks like it is about to bring in some rain, I hope to get a walk in this afternoon before it does. Meanwhile I've been checking the flowers in my homemade flower press and noted some of them I recently pressed are nicely pressed ready to be used for some projects. I brought a couple of items from the thrift store thinking they would work well with pressed flowers added to them. This small timber clock I brought for about two dollars and I unscrewed the back to prepare it for the flowers. I made a 'dry' run of the floral arrangement before I glued the pressed flowers down. When happy with the arrangement I glued the flower arrangement down and I added a thin coat of artist varnish and put the clock back together. All the clock needs is a new battery. This will make a nice frugal Christmas gift for someone.

For more information on pressed flowers visit my link to: The art of pressing flowers 


I've also been looking at Youtube video's about Quilt Bed Turning. Such a fascinating thing to watch as each quilt is turned back and the history of each quilt is explained. Eleanor Burns is a well known quilter and this is her Quilt Bed Turning. Grab yourself a cuppa tea or coffee and sit back to watch this very informative bed turning. I enjoyed myself with some giggles and ooohs and ahhs with each turn of the quilts.



I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

3 comments:

  1. Shiralee, you have done a great job with the clock. Very pretty. I have never heard of Quilt Bed Turning. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to preserve those flowers! I love the clock. Hope you got that walk in before the rain came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pressed flowers bring back floods or memories for me. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete