Wednesday 9 December 2015

Homemade flowers


Make yourself a merry little Christmas. 24 days of gifts and makes to create a frugal home made Christmas.

DAY NINE:

Felt flower hair clips.

You will need felt in assorted flower colors. Plus green felt. Because this is such a small project this can use up all your scrap felt pieces.

You can cut your felt flower shapes out by hand. I used Marianne design Creatables die number: LRO145

I used the largest flower in the set. I cut the first flower just to the center. The next flower I cut 1 petal out of the flower. The third flower I cut 2 petals out of the flower. I then used glue to stick the first and last petal of each flower together. 


 Finally the flowers were stacked inside of each other. Alternate each flower when you glue them together so the petals are not all together. Add a flat back gem or button of your choice. Cut out  leaf shapes from the green felt. Cut two small leaves and glue them together. Then glue them to the back of your flower. Use strong glue to glue the entire finished flower to your clip.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

3 comments:

  1. They are very pretty, Shiralee. My grandchildren would love those. Isn't it muggy? I hope we get a break from the humidity tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are timeless. I can remember girls with these in their hair when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil, they are popular still. Even better they can be easily produced at home too.
      - Shiralee.

      Delete