Wednesday 17 February 2016

Small beauties



The weather in the last couple of days has been hot. The other morning, I ran into Nanna Chel of going grey and slightly green, walking around to mum and dad's place. She was watering her front garden. Just like mum, she was: Where's your hat?! While sorting out boxes I found a couple of hats and will be wearing them in this heat. Maybe a little too late, but better late than never. This is definitely Summer trying to hold onto it's last days before Autumn.

I've been pottering around at home. Making use of the dried Tansy. I made some re-milled soap with Tansy in it. Apparently Tansy is very good for the complexion. 


With the hot, dry, weather around I had a chance to pick flowers from Dad's garden and they are now drying ready for potpourri making. It's best to pick flowers on a good dry day after the dew has gone. There's some help on potpourri making: Here


I've also been slowly working on my crazy quilt. This written piece came in a swap a long time ago, I added some ribbon roses and just off the side I will be adding a cross stitch 'S'. I have the chart saved on my pinterest board, there's a whole alphabet if you are interested. You'll find it on my pinterest: Gathering Grace just look in the sewing basket board. I usually pin only free patterns but if something isn't free, I have the image for inspiration, it's because I can look at it and know how to make it. A quirk of mine.

And of course there's painting, not the usual fairies, I like these vintage ladies more I think, this gal is in her dream. I'm also liking watercolour and pen and ink a lot more than paints. There's something more delicate about watercolour.  A few little mistakes in this, but I can fix them.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.


3 comments:

  1. Well Shiralee, I am glad you found a hat. LOL! Hopefully today is the last day of the heat as I can't stand it. Roll on Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      the hat is a big pink one, should stand out in the crowd :) I'm with you on the heat, so over it now.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  2. Love your watercolor panting, thanks for the information on tansy. Guida

    ReplyDelete