Use it up
I've been offline pottering around. We've been having some really nice weather mixed in with odd weather, rain and fog. It won't be long before spring is around the corner although we still have windy August to go through yet.
While at home I've been trying new recipes. I made a goulash and I'll put a video of that up soon along with instructions for a crochet shawl. I've also been managing to get some finishes done.
I've been working on and off of the baby quilt and it is finally heading to it's new home. A baby girl will hopefully like this. The only thing I brought for this quilt was a flannel set of double bed sheets on half price and I used the flannel for the batting. I wasn't sure if it would work as a batting but it does make the quilt very soft and warm, but not hot.
The rest of the fabric came from my stash. I used, yes, another bed sheet to for the embroidery blocks and coloured in the blocks using crayon tinting technique: Technique can be found here. I embroidered through out in one strand of embroidery thread in DMC 310 black.
The gingham fabric came in a bundle from the thrift store a long time ago for about $1 (still had the price tag on it when I pulled it out.) The backing fabric is the same as the bed sheet. I actually used two different slightly pink sheets as I couldn't find the original one. Need to get organised in my stash I think.
I used up a lot of what I had and even recycled the tag. The clay charm is a fish and it comes from When Laura Meets Clay who is on etsy: whenlaurameetsclay
The designs of the little girls come from : Q is for Quilter. They can be found in the colouring book section.
The blocks on the quilt are 8 inches square. Set four rows across and five rows down.
I also did a video of the baby quilt in this post here.
I'm no quilter and it shows, but I'm sure with more practice I'll get better.
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.