Monday 5 March 2018

Cottage Journal - Simple pleasures


I don't know about anyone else but a box of $2 crayons always makes me happy.


The sachets were shop brought but homemade decorations were added. I used colouring pencils and brushed over the top with fabric medium to help set the coloured pencils.


I've always enjoyed creating cards, it's such a simple activity or it can be as complicated as you like with scraps of paper and such. I made some watercolour cards with inspiring quotes and a touch of ribbon. I think I'd like to make some more eventually.


We've had on and off rain. Good weather for curried apricot chicken. And working on my crazy quilt. I ended up re-patching this section, cutting out long strips of fabric and adding in smaller pieces.  I hand appliquéd the smaller pieces in.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Shiralee your sachets look great. Isn't the cooler weather nice? Can't say the same about the weeds growing though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shiralee,that Curry looks so yummy 🍜. Your crazy quilt is amazingly beautiful with all the hand stitches you have added. I hope your having a great week. Pat

    ReplyDelete