Wednesday 12 June 2013

Homely Treasures

 
 
With winter there has been extra baking and cooking. Simple meals are made to warm up for the day.
 
 
 And when you’re not feeling well there is nothing as good as home made chicken soup.


I've been sorting through my fabric stash to continue with the slow progress of my full size bed crazy quilt. These colder days are ideal to work on the quilt to help keep warm.

 
There has also been some scrapbooking and making cards too. This card uses Kaiser Craft paper mostly from the UP UP Away collection. A sticker from Grace Taylor sticker book. Trims from Sam's world, except for the bling trim which came to me in a secret santa swap. The stamp is by Flonz. I also used some rolled roses I had made as well. Finally Iadded an old receipt bill for a touch of vintage.
 

"With pomp, power and glory the world beckons vainly.
In chase of such vanities why should I roam?
While peace and content bless my little thatched cottage,
and warm my own hearth with the treasures of home."
-Beatrix Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment