Peacock green



 
The mask I started here is now finished. I wasn't sure quite what to do with it, only that I wanted it to be very peacock-ish. I used real peacock feathers and lots of shimmery, glittery, jade colors for the mask. There's stamping on the mask and pearl ex powders and tulle all together to create a lovely textured surface. I added some hand made flowers and thrift store find flowers and snippets of lace and shells, a fairy charm and butterfly beads as well as more pins from the pin swap. Finally I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the words.
 
I then stamped and such for the canvas background using lots of techniques and using a mix of watercolor crayon, gesso, and pearl ex powders to get a back ground color I like. I added more flowers ( I like flowers) and more of the bling used on the mask to trim the sides of the canvas with.
 
I can imagine a series of these masks, this one for summer. One for Autumn. One for Winter. One for Spring. Wouldn't they look nice together!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Market days

Living without - Year Challenge

Little Things