Tuesday 22 October 2013

Stories Stitched

 
While sorting through things and cleaning I can across my Magpie Magazine issue. Just in time to help with some art inspiration.

 
My mum's sister is down for a visit and her, my mum, and another sister of my mum's is helping me with some sweet surprises for swaps.

 
It's fiddly work but a tin of sweets and cold drinks with lots of chatter help the work progress quickly. My mum and her sisters are all crochet ladies and have sewed, knitted, and crochet all their lives. Mum used to make all our kids clothes and if you have ever seen those crochet bells and such she has made all those too. My talent from them all is hand embroidery which none of them do. At least this year I did learn to crochet finally!

1 comment:

  1. Shiralee, I can do a little crochet but I would love to be able to crochet like my mother. I did make my children's clothes though. I think there is a resurgence of the crafts of knitting, crochet and sewing though which is great.

    ReplyDelete