Wednesday 5 February 2014

Home style

 
My, it has been a while since my last post. The summer heat we have been experiencing wasn't something that wanted to keep me indoors at the computer. I have though been at home enjoying the quiet life of homely life.  
We've had a burst of these alpine strawberries of late and they are so sweet and juicy. I just pick them straight off the plant and eat them!
 
 
There was also a birthday or two and we made a pavlova for my sister's birthday which we all enjoyed very much.
 

While away I continued to use some journals to write down the days events. Some pages were just plain writing and others were decorated smash book style to use up the little odds and ends I usually have in my paper scrap draw.
 
 
While staying close to home, I sorted and cleaned out a lot of my stash. I started a new project to get ready for my favourite time of year Autumn and Winter. I don't know about anyone else but Summer, while lovely, can't be over soon enough. As I mentioned before I only just recently learnt how to crochet, now I want to do a granny square blanket of course I use all thrift brought items. I found a bag of wool last year, you may remember my first crochet shawl, this is the same wool!

 
And I am working on my large crazy quilt queen size bed cover. Slowly. Slowly. Years of work on and off. Maybe one day I will complete it.
 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and enjoying whatever it is they are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment