Tuesday 5 August 2014

Ruby Sapphires

 
I've been painting. And managed to finally finish up this small canvas. I thought I would do much more to it but I think it finished up where it was supposed to finish up. The painting is perhaps my favourite with those sapphire blue colours I like so much. If you notice peeking just above the painting is some of my older art work framed, they were done in oil. This painting is done in Acrylic's. I don't have a name for it yet...it'll come to me.

 
Usually I don't do much to the sides of canvas paintings but I wanted to add some decorating around the edges. I thought if I didn't want to hang it up I could maybe make it into a cover for an art journal if I wanted to. Around the sides are a quote:
 
"A Gypsy is a Gypsy...

 
 They'll steal the rings from your fingers...

 
and the love from your heart.

 
And they never come back."
 
I think our gal has found out about the quote the hard way.
I also brushed some gold glitter around the edges and gave a hint of it on the edges on the front of the canvas. It might not be very art...but why not.
 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening whereever they are.

1 comment: