Monday 3 August 2015

Blue skies


A really lovely day today. It was a good day for walking with just the right amount of breeze to keep it cool. 
The bees were really loving the lavender but I couldn't get a photo of any of the bees just the lavender.


I've been doing some stitching. Slow work on my crazy quilt. I added a little section of things I love, the color blue, owls, flowers, and the moon.  For this crazy quilt I am trying not to add in any hard things like beads and the like, so I might change out the sequin eyes of the owl to embroidery  to keep with the stitching only theme.
I've also been doing some simple cross stitch, these will be borders to go along hand towels. All slow work, but I'll get there eventually with finishes. When I am cross stitching designs like this I just use what thread I have and don't worry if it is exact match if I haven't got that particular DMC numbered thread. I use what I have, y'all know that already.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening wherever you are.

2 comments:

  1. I think what astounds me about our blog is the sheer variety of materials,patterns and ideas that flow through your hands, home and mind.....Where it all comes from I simply can't imagine. Always a great read and a visual feast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't the days been beautiful, Shiralee? Tomorrow will be cold again though so I guess we do need to have a bit more of the wintery weather before spring arrives. Lovely weather for walking I must say.

    ReplyDelete