Thursday 21 November 2013

At Home

 
There are a lot of pieces at home that belong to various people from both sides of my parents family. The shoe belongs to dad's mum and the hat pins belongs to the lady in the picture. She's my great great grandma who pass on a long time back at the age of 90. The crochet books belong to mum.

 
We always had a china cabinet in our house. Does anyone have those any more? I'm not sure if anyone would know what they are today. This set belongs to my mum's mother who also passed away. Isn't it very retro fantastic?


For breakfast, I made pancakes which isn't something I've done before. And I was really pleased how these turn out.

 
I also fried up some apple and onions together and supplied some scrambled eggs to round the meal out. Trust me the meal is very filling and you won't look for another meal till later in on the day!
 
The pancake recipe is below:
 
Ingredients:
 
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups White self-raising flour
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cups caster sugar
25g butter, melted
 
Method:
Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar and Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.
 
2. Heat on large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using ¼ cup mixture per pancake, cook pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. Shiralee, no lunch for you today! LOL! Yes, we have a china cabinet of sorts. My mum and sister bought a second hand one for us as a wedding present and they stripped it back and varnished it and it looks great still after 35 years.

    ReplyDelete