Friday 2 May 2014

Rain days

What do you do when it is pouring down rain out side and it is better to stay indoors? First, I make a mad dash down to my 'gal shed' and find some cardboard I have stored up there... and then make a mad dash back up stairs just before the rain comes bucketing down.
 
 
 
The cardboard is just package stuff from things brought and most just toss out, I ask to keep it because I use carboard a lot for my projects. This box used to have solar lights in it. I cut it all down to size, scored and folded to get the startings of a box idea I want to do.

 
 So far, it looks like a box. I had to use some thinner cardboard to 'smooth' out those odd folds and such.
 
Looking out the window from my desk...yup, the rain is still coming down and did so for a long while and was heavy too. And no I didn't eat all of those chip packets, that's the thin cardboard I am using to smooth out the box, you can notice the big difference on the sides.
 
 
My box needed somehow to close the lid. I used for this, the plastic decoration found on those vintage crochet coat hangers...shh, don't tell mum I raided for it and pulled one of hers apart. At any rate, this box should be finished soon.


 
The button came from this cute little soap box I picked up at the markets long ago for $2. I didn't know what was in it until I got home and there's an awl and a collection of vintage buttons. You may remember my vintage camera, the button that is for the 'door knob' came from this box.
 
"Ken when to spend, and when to spare, and when to buy, and you'll ne'er be bare."
-Unknown.
 
I hope everyone has a good weekend where ever they are.

1 comment:

  1. Shiralee, the rain certainly bucketed down today. We are going to brave Gardenfest tomorrow and it looks like it is going to be very chilly there. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete