Tuesday 29 April 2014

hobbit heart


 
 In the morning there's nothing like the smell of breakfast cooking.

 
All the better when it is a farmhouse breakfast. Who needs Mcdonalds right?

 
And while cooking breakfast some ...rustic scones are good to have for later when it is morning smoko time.  They may not the best looking scones but they are tasty.

 
Breakfast went down a treat.


 
Then it was time to see to some craft projects currently on the go. The teapot supper cloth is transfered and just waiting for me to do the embroidery on it. I'm hoping to finish some old projects on the go too, and have at least ticked off some of the projects I wanted to try...
 
 
...Like these crochet edgings which I made to be attached to pillow cases.

 
I've also been bitten by the cross stitch bug again and have my supplies out to do some smaller projects, like this "bless this house" cottage design.

 
Then it was time for late afternoon smoko.

 
Before supper time I hope to finnish up this little design. We shall see.
 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening.
 
“I am in fact a Hobbit in all but size.
I like gardens, trees, and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food (unrefrigerated), but detest French cooking; I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am foond of mushrooms (Out of a field); have a very simple sense of humor (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late (when possible). I do not travel much.”
--- J.R.R.Tolkien.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work, Shiralee. I haven't done any cross stitch for years. I doubt that I would be able to see the holes to put the needle in now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nanna Chel. And I know what you mean about the holes. I haven't x-stitched in ages and I honestly don't remember being so squinty at 14 count! I'm glad I didn't do this on 18 count LMAO!

      Delete