Monday 28 July 2014

Gypsy moon

 
Over the weekend I spent some time covering canvas boards in pretty paper to prepare the boards for future painting. I also began sketching in my small sketch book.

 
 Simple sketches were drawn with the moon, moon moths, sleeping snails and wandering gypsies.

 
When I begin a sketch book I usually don't use the front page. This time I made a practical book plate to add my name on the front. Did you know, the meaning of my name is entirely an Australian slang name from the iconic Australian Swagman; they would call their rolled up sleeping swag a Shiralee. Which had all their belongings in it. The name actually means a Swagman's burden. I like to think it means Gypsy at heart.
 
 
And inside the sketch book pages are dreams of a Gypsy...

I hope everyone is having a good day or evening whereever they are.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are okay Shiralee. It is a pity you missed the weekend workshop as it was great but Margy will be putting the recipes for the sauces on the Simple Living website when Joshua emails them to her.

    ReplyDelete