Wednesday 25 March 2015

Card for today


Another hot day and a late storm. While it was raining I made up a quick card. The background paper, the above image, I found on pinterest and printed it out to cover my card with. To alter the background paper I used a resist technique. First up I used KaiserCraft music stamp and inked up in Versamark. I stamp over the entire background. I then used a Embossing powder from Celebrations of Australia: Hologram. I brought this ages ago so not sure if it's still about. When embossed it's comes up glittery. I used TSUKINEKO Dew drop Memento ink in Grape Jelly and inked over the embossing. It's best to start off light and build up the dark ink to let the embossing show through. I added a 'For You' stamp, using Stazon ink in black. The stamp is from the cheap stores, Wayne's world. I added the stamped 'for you' on stiff card, popped it up with some foam squares. Then I added a ribbon which is grape color. The ribbon came from some towels mum brought at Aldi. I then added a few gem stones, they came from the cheap stores too. Inside the card I simply inked up the edges of the card in the same Grape Jelly used through out the front of the card.

Materials used: 
Image above
TUSKINEKO dew drop Memento ink: Grape Jelly
Versamark Ink
Stazon Ink in black
Card stock for the card
Ribbon
Stick on gems

I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

2 comments:

  1. That is just so pretty Shiralee. I wish we had a nice (little) storm today, it is so hot and a storm usually cools things down a bit. On the weather tonight on channel 7 Livio said the days should be a couple of degrees cooler next week. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiralee, that is gorgeous. It is muggy again at the moment so there might be more storms passing through tonight. It has been so very humid here, hasn't it? Not our usual Toowoomba weather at all.

    ReplyDelete