Saturday 6 September 2014

At Home

 
It's been two weeks since I had my operation. I was well looked after at the Toowoomba base and the staff were lovely. The doctor (Dr.Shariff) over seeing my hysterectomy did a good job of making sure things went smoothly.

 
I did have some drama's on the operating table, my blood pressure shot through the roof, I had erratic heart and lost about 600mls of blood (apparently usual for this sort of operation, google is interesting sometimes). With the high blood pressure and heart rate the doctor thought I might have a stroke on the table so rather than removing everything she only took the ovaries and the cyst ( thankfully benign).
 
 
I can tell you now this has been the best thing for my weight loss. I'm getting back to my usual weight! I always felt hungry (not to mention tired and sick) and now I'm back to eating normally.
 
Before I went into hospital I brought the book Down to Earth by Rhonda Hetzel. I've been reading it ever since and hope sometime to try that Whole orange cake recipe among other things. It's a good read.

 
Crafting wise I have been taking things slowly. I started up a little Zine which I call 'At home' and it's hand drawn and hand written with some computer printing to fill out the pages. I draw and cut and paste up a master copy then print it out  in black in white. I'm not sure what I'll do with these but they keep me occupied while recovering.
 
Meanwhile I'll be blogging again and catching up on comments.
 

 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening whereever they are.
And happy Father's Day to all the dad caregivers out there.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back, Shiralee. Glad you are getting back to normal. Will pop in during the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just have to take it slow and things will be back to normal before I know it. You're always welcome to drop in for a cuppa and chin wag.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that you are on the mend! Good to see you back. My sister in laws surgery went well. She was up and going within a few weeks time. Feeling much better. Good to have you back! Down to Earth, great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I was a little slower getting up and about due to the drama's with the blood pressure but I'm getting back to my normal self now. I'm glad your sister in law did well too. And yes, the Down to Earth book is fantastic!

      Delete