Sunday 14 September 2014

Cent sale

 
Over the weekend I popped into a local church 'garage' cent sale. They held it inside a hall which was good because the weather didn't look very nice. Inside the hall there were tables of items all up for sale. I could of brought mostly everything home, instead, I came home with a handful of books and a really pretty lemon coloured vase. I brought it because I liked the flower design and the colour. Yellow isn't a colour you see much of these days on any household items. It's a real vintage colour I think. All up I only spent five dollars.

 
(You can see the vase I brought here). I also crochet up a new dishcloth using up odds and ends from other projects and finally managed to finish a crayon tinted embroidery I've been working on. I love this type of embroidery as the stitches aren't taxing on a tired mind. The crayon tint embroidery is done on an old cotton bed sheet I found at the thrift store for about $1. There's still miles of fabric left that I hope to use for other projects. The sheet is stained a little but that doesn't matter to me as I intend to use the material for pillowcases and the like. This finished embroidery will probably be turned into a cushion for the couch.

 
This year's spring I was hoping to get into and start up a decent size garden that is based on a 1940 victory garden but I'll have to make do with what I have until next year I suppose. It's mostly herbs as that is what we use a lot of in cooking so we can have some fresh herbs.

 
I hope everyone is having a good day or evening whereever they are.

1 comment:

  1. Shiralee, we have lots of herbs if you want me to pot some up for you. Sorry I didn't get around to see you last week. The best laid plans of mice and men....! :-)

    ReplyDelete