Friday 17 June 2016

House keeping


I've  been doing  house keeping on my blog. I cleaned up links and added links that needed to be updated. I made the blog look more simple and cleaner. It's not perfect but it'll do. This will hopefully motivate me to post a little more often and comment around again too. 

Here is a recipe for Citrus and Rose-Scented Potpourri

Dried Scented Rose petals
Lavender
Lemon Balm
Dried grated rind of 2 large lemons

1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground orris root

1 container

Method:
Mix the flowers and herbs together in an airtight container add the lemon rind and leave for 2-3 days. Add spices and orris root, stir well and leave for 6 weeks stirring occasionally.

Lavender and Lemon Balm are good insect repellents, so this will also be useful in sachets among linen. 



I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking good, Shiralee. I keep meaning to change my avatar...one of these days. I just have to remember how I did it in the first place. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,
      I had to remember how to change things too!
      -Shiralee.

      Delete