Tuesday 7 June 2016

Winter Winds


Winter has arrived with a cold blast. We had heavy rain the last couple of days and it has cleared up with winds to keep the temperatures down. Just before May ended we took a brief trip up to Hervey Bay and on the way back we had breakfast at the Rusty Ute Cafe in Woolooga. The cafe has a vintage retro vibe and it's well worth the stop if you are passing through.


With Winter about the trusty slow cooker is out making nice comfort food to keep warm.  Nothing is as easy to do as stew in the slow cooker. There is really not much you have to do with a slow cooker and it is worth the investment.
While my plants are enjoying the rain, not so much the cold, I am in doors working on a few projects it's a good time to work on them.

I hope everyone is warm and dry. We are going to have a wet winter I think.


Have a good day or evening where ever you are.

4 comments:

  1. Shiralee after having such a dry summer having winter rains is going to be such a help. We're in Hervey Bay and could almost hear the garden sucking up every last drop of the recent rains. Mind you I had to water last night as it was all starting to show signs of drying out. We're having cool nights and glorious days. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      It has been an odd winter and the rain is always good.
      Thanks for commenting.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shiralee, I love winter, the colder the better. I think I was built for a much colder climate than Australia has, or maybe its all the extra padding?? I hope we do get a wet winter, summer was too dry. I have started to cook a few curries, and stews. My crock pot hasn't been used yet, but very soon. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guida,
      I like winter too and autumn. Still we haven't had much of a winter yet and with July just around the corner it will be interesting to see if we do get colder. This isn't winter weather at all. Hopefully we'll get some rain out of it.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete