Wednesday 29 June 2016

Sunlight & shadows


 We had frost on the ground this morning but the day is fair and if you can find a place to sit in the sun, it is a nice day. All the windows are open and we're airing the house out while the good day is warm enough to do so. It's still cool enough in the wind though not as cold as it has been. Our winter has really arrived.


A while back, our lady hairdresser who works from her home gifted us mandarins. This bowl has been brightening up the kitchen and they are really nice tasting. 


I've saved a few of the seeds to see if they will grow and I'll plant them out after winter. I also been saving the citrus skins of the mandarines, oranges, and lemons for potpourri. I dried out orange and lemon rings too to decorate potpourri.


I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

5 comments:

  1. Shiralee, yell out if you want any mandarins as we have a tree full of them. Plenty for your folks too. Did we have a frost this morning? I didn't get up in time to find out. LOL! It was too warm in bed but it has turned out to be a lovely day...at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Nanna Chel,
      the frost was gone earlyish and it has been lovely days so far. If you want to bag some mandarins up and send me an email when I can walk around to pick them up ( I walk around that way most days to go to mum and dads) let me know. They are always welcome.
      -Shiralee.

      Delete
    3. Okay Shiralee, I will let you know.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shiralee, isn't winter wonderful? Its my favorite time of the year, glorious days, and cold nights. I love the little embroidery you have pictured there. Take care. Guida

    ReplyDelete