Sunday 13 May 2012

Cherish all things




Everything needs a place, or at least I think so. And things you cherish the most should have a special place to put them. This is the idea of the hand bound book, a place for little things I like and can't bear to throw away, a nice way to 'make do' with the scraps you have.

The cover uses the fabric from a recent thrift haul. The blue fabric I made flowers from if you recall a previous post. The red fabric is from the same haul, as is the lace. There's still so much left of both fabrics, so expect more pretties to come. The cross stitch is from one I did a long time ago, not sure who designed the chart, perhaps Jo Verso? It looks like her little designs. No doubt then it came from an old magazine called Quick and Easy Cross stitch. I no longer have my stash of magazines they went to the thrift store and I have moved on from cross stitching ---for now.

The label and the bird is cut out from my making memories slice. I used the Vintage Findings cartridge. To make the label is really easy, just find three papers you like ...these are Grace Taylor papers. Cut your first label at 3 1/2 inches. Then 3 inches. Then 2 1/2 inches. To give the stacking look. The word cherish was cut at 2 inches.

Finally the back was covered in paper and the spine I used calico, which then was inked in the matching colors of the front and back covers. I added a little had made stick pin and ribbon with a charm for a finishing touch.

Now to find pretty things to fill my book with.

No comments:

Post a Comment