Sunday 20 May 2012

Tea party








Coloring fabric and lace with tea is easy as, well, making a cup of tea. You need your fabric. White is best. A container for your tea brew. And tea bags. Make your tea as you would do, though of course, do not add milk if you like milk. Add your fabric to your tea and let it soak. The longer the soaking the stronger the tea stain dye color. Then, take out your fabric and iron dry.

The difference in coloring is startling and if you use herbal tea the color is more different. Coffee also has a competely different look.

The card above was made from a free cover gift on a magazine which included stamps and paper set called Nitwit. I made flowers from the tea stained lace. And added the fabric at the top. The measuring tape and paper are from the paper collection. Inside I've used my favourite things sewing die and stamp set for the thimble and thread bobbin. To finish the card I added lace. The stamped image was colored using coloring in pencils. Lastly I added some faux stitching using a white gel pen and black ink pen.

Now, I am off for a cup  of tea.

Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment