Tuesday 7 April 2015

Crochet Bobble Stitch


This crochet stitch looks very complicated but it is simple to do. I picked it up pretty quick once I got the idea of each row. This stitch moves along quickly and makes a nice texture for a dishcloth. I'm new to crochet so I hope the written instructions work out okay. Below that is a video of how to do Crochet Bobble stitch for those who need a visual, like me. The video is from THE CROCHET CROWD youtube channel and your instructor is named Mikey.

Crochet Bobble Stitch
(American Crochet stitches)

Chain 4 sets. At end chain 3 + 3
First row: Count 4 back from the hook and double crochet into fourth chain from hook. Double crochet along the foundation chain.
Turn work. Chain 2. 
Half double crochet into where chain 2 is coming from 2 double crochet to make a set of 3. Begin to bobble 5 together + 1) Six on hook wrap yarn pull through 6
Bobble: Wrap yarn oh, insert, yoh, pull through 2 and hold, insert hook into same hole. Ger enough loops on hook to add up to six. Yoh pull yarn through all six loops. Into next stitch near bobble HDC x 2 more to make 3 dc. Bobble. Continue along line.
Turn work Chain 3. 
Double crochet 2 chain from Hook. Double crochet to end.
Turn work. Chain 2 
Go into chain 2. 2 double crochet and bobble (This will make the bobble before the last row to help stagger the bobbles.) add one bobble close to the end, 1 hdc.
Turn work Chain 3
Double crochet 2 chain from hook end row with half double crochet x 3 bobble.
Bobble matches first row.


If you don’t add row of double crochet your bobbles will be 3d. 

A chart for translating crochet stitches can be found at this post here.




I hope everyone is having a good day or evening where ever you are.

LINK up: Strangers & Pilgrims Home making Monday's

 


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

5 comments:

  1. I have seen that before, Shiralee. It is a lovely stitch isn't it? I must try it out one day seeing as I am a beginner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my girls crotchet - especially in winter. I love seeing the creations develop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of my girls crotchet - especially in winter. I love seeing the creations develop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this stitch pattern. It will make a great dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful stitch which reminds me of a classic polka dot! Just lovely. Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week!

    ReplyDelete