Thursday 10 April 2014

Curious Imaginations

 
Come with me for a peek inside my sketch books!
 
 
There's always something I can use for inspiration. A handful of impatiens in a jug is good for simple ideas and keeps me practicing drawing from real life. A few moments to break down the simple flower shapes and colours give some ideas for future pattern work for who knows what. It's just thinking artistically.

 
There are pages with sketches and scribbles and nonesense notes to myself in the side.

 
And drawings for not only paintings but maybe something in applique or needlework or what about the border below, I think that could be a nice bead work item.

 
There's always something fairy which I love.


 
And maybe a self portrait.


 
This all comes about after walks outside and I dream imaginary things. I might pause to crouch down a little closer to think I see a door to a little gnome cottage in the stump of a tree, cracked just ajar for a gnome to peek through to see who is doing all that stomping about. 


 
Or I might spy a window closed in a fairy home while the fairy is away and be curious about what lays beyond the closed window.
All these dreamy ideas make their way into my sketchbook pages at some point. Then, just maybe I might get a painting done when the time is right too. Or I should just make the time for painting once again. It has been far too long.
 
I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.
-Eleanor Roosevelt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment