Wednesday 23 April 2014

Make life...

 
This is a new junk journal which is just shy, not quite, of being A4 in size. I wanted to use up a lot of strips of paper I have from my paper stash and I created this book for that. The book 'closure' is actually from a cheap store and is a hair band.
 
 
The back of the front cover and the first page. I used washi tape to tie the pages in togeher and the ribbon is from a chocolate box!

 
Inside the book I also added some smaller insert pages. I like to use up my left over alphas in these books to decorate the pages.

 
Some of the smaller pages like the one with the birds are from vintage thrift store books I brought.

 
When some of the strips of paper were too small to do anything with I sewed them together. Some I used simple zig zag stitch for a decorative element.

 
I raided through my stash and used up lots of pretties I have been storing. This gal came from a Secret Santa swap with NZ/Aussie scrap group a while back. The package was too pretty to throw away.

 
Some of my cards also have been added into the pages. The girl is a Flonz stamp...of course.

 
On the front the image is from a vintage decoupage book I brought from the thrift store, I added some gold glitter around the border to make it sparkle and added the chipboard sentiment. Before I added the chipboard sentiment I went over the front and back covers with artist all purpose sealer to 'toughen' up the covers too. I'm glad it is now finished and I can move onto other things!

 
What do I use my junk journals for? Anything and everything. I write in them, paste pictures and photographs and stick in odds and ends that need a home.  They are my journals, scrapbooks, photoalbums, all mushed into one. Just like old scrapbooks used to be.
 
Now I have some embroidery calling me.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Shiralee. You do keep yourself busy making lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nanna Chel. It's good to have some kind of hobby LOL!

      Delete