I've been working on this kitchen linens set for a little bit now and can say I am finished with it. I was pleased with how everything turned out and the only thing I really brought recently for this grouping was a fade away embroidery pen for the embroidery as well as two tea towels for 99 cents which inspired the start of the setting to begin with. Everything else came out of my stash.
For the rooster and hen set I decided to complete two tea towels. Two potholders and three crochet dish cloths. The rooster applique I had in my stash for what seems like forever and it was a kit with everything but the embroidery thread. The potholder hens came from a magazine design and the embroidery courting rooster and hen came from vintage transfer finds
The applique rooster was so easy to do.
The embroidery took a little longer but the effort was worth it in the end.
The crochet dishclothes was a real learning curve but in the end I got the hang of it.
Not sure about these woobly circle potholders. I suppose I'll learn how to make circle sewing things right as I practice more.
Over all I love the set as I love roosters and hens. I don't think this will be my last kitchen linen set as it was so fun to do. I do have a days of the week fruit set to begin now. Stay tuned for that finish.
Hope everyone has a good time doing whatever it is they are doing.