Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Sunny flowers


Stencilled luncheon cloth

You may remember the stencilling tips I gave in this post here . From that stencil I created a luncheon cloth from a recycled bed sheet.
 
 
I stencilled the image I had drawn up four times in each of the corners. And was careful about the placement so they were arranged nicely.

 
Then I had to ask mum how to turn the edges over, (I had a fair idea but needed to be sure I was going to do it right). When I had all the edges nicely pressed and sewn into a narrow hem...

 
...I had a thrifty finished luncheon cloth. I am wanting to do some napkins to match and I think the luncheon cloth needs maybe a crochet trim edge, which I am looking for so I can crochet the trim my self. I will of course, show when I complete the set.
 
I have enough of this bedsheet to go far. So expect to see more uses for it.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea, Shiralee. It looks lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Mixed days

Spring has finally arrived here, although we did have some windy days at the beginning. I've dusted off the blog for Spring cleanin...